Hi friends! Sorry I was M I A last week- we had 1920s weddinging to tend to for my dear friend, Maddie. Definitely had a great time catching up with old friends. It always shows me how blessed I am to have them in my life.
However, what has not been a great time for me was reflecting on the photos from said event. It definitely helps your life to see yourself in pictures, I think. You get a sense of reality much different than what you construct seeing yourself every day in the mirror. Holy tightwhiteflapperdressandchinsandjowls, I have GOT to get back in the saddle!
So that, my friends, I am doing... it's day one. And I feel like crap like all the day ones before...but then you also feel a twinge of hopeful, too. As a professional dieter, I'm just kinda done having to do a day one. I've said it before, but for reals... You get in this place of self-loathing that you are having to back step and lose the same weight all over again. But then again, if you can do it once, you can do it again.
Away from my Debbie Downer-ness... here is some motivating, feel good tune-age for fresh starts!
1. With My Own Two Hands Ben Harper
2. Natural Woman Aretha Franklin
3. Extraordinary Better Than Ezra
4. I Gotta Feeling Black Eyed Peas
5. The First Day of My Life Bright Eyes (okay I'm being a little schmoozy/gushy/romantic on that one... but God bless my darling husband!)
6. Weight of the World Chantal Kreviazuk
7. Everyday DMB
8. Take it Easy The Eagles
9. Freedom George Michael
10. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough Michael Jackson
So cheers to you friends (raising unsweetened green tea/double-fisting with a liter of water...)! Have wonderful and safe holiday weekends.
It's time! The first day of school is here!!!
5 months ago