Pages

9.20.2010

The Calm of The Morning

So I get up at five o'clock in the morning now.  It's crazy early and way earlier than I need to wake up, but I am learning to love it and have a leisurely calm morning.

I take the dogs out first thing.  It's still cool from the night and dark.  The air feels clean and is starting to smell fall-y.  We come upstairs for breakfast and I make my daily omelet, making sure to drop a few shreds of cheese of the floor for my little loves... They eat their dog food and I watch the news.  It's nice starting the day somewhat informed. I pack my lunch and get my water bottle full for the day.  It's a slow, quiet morning, but I like it.  I never usually take any time to appreciate the small things that comprise life, so I wanted to document these simple feelings about my mundane early morning.

XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. I woke up really early this morning, too! Not on purpose, though... my dog kept waking me up. It was nice to have all of that time. Unfortunately I'm exhausted now.

    ReplyDelete