Pages

4.17.2010

My Fave Songs of the Moment...

1. Your Love is My Drug- Kesha
       I really didn't think I would everrrr have a Kesha song among my favorites after that annoying song about brushing her teeth with a bottle of Jack, but this one is damn catchy.  It's been getting in my head and it makes me want to bop around happily 24-7.
      The only part I don't particularly dig is the very last line, in which Kesha speaks, "I like your beard." What the hell...

2.  You and Your Heart- Jack Johnson
      I love Jack Johnson.  Always and forever.  Mostly, I like the guitar in this song a lot.  And if you love him lots, he'll be at the Verizon Amphitheater in VA Beach in mid July.  My mom and Darrell are taking Lance and his friend Michael.  I'm going to hang behind.  I really like Jack Johnson, but I kind of feel like seeing him live would mellow me out way too much.
      P.S: Have you seen a pic of Jack lately? His hair is long!

3.  Say Aah (aka It's Your Birthday)-  Trey Songz ft. Fabolous
     I never would have thought that this song was called "Say Aah."  So when I searched for it on iTunes, I assumed it had to have the word "birthday" in it.  Well it doesn't.  But I found it and still love it. "Go girl, it's your birthday, open wide, i know you're thirsty, say aah, say aah...." Now do you know what song I'm talking about?  It hugely appeals to my partying side.  You can just imagine dancing, drink in hand, to this one.


4.  Nothin' on You- B.o.B ft. Bruno Mars
     Okay so when this song starts, it's straight up vocally gorgeous--think John Legend.  Then you hear that "N-N-N-Nothin' on you, babe" and you know it's about to get a hell of a lot rappier up in here.  And it does, but still employs good control.  This is a great windows down, summer song. Thumbs way up!

XOXO,

Aud

1 comment: