Pages

4.30.2010

Oh, Dreamweaver, I believe you can get me through the nighttttt

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always had extremely vivid dreams.  When I wake up in the morning, I'm kind of p.o.ed if I can't remember my dream from the night before, because I also feel that dreams hold key meaning into self-understanding.


Lately, my dreams have been somewhat odder than usual.  I prefer not go into them in too much detail, but I will say the characters in my dreams, relationships between them, and symbols have really flown in from left field.  When I wake up I kind of have this creepy, consuming premonition-ish feeling...


I'm not saying that I think I am a psychic!  Don't call the nut house yet.  I'm just saying, in my past experiences, my vibes have always been spot-on...99.9% of the time.  I think some people are innately more intuitive than others and I have considered these vibes and feelings I tend to get as blessings in a life full of many decisions and scenarios.


Another thing-  in one of my recent dreams involving my family, which I shared with my mom, one of the events, which happened in my dream, had actually happened in a different setting in real life before I was born. That gave me about 5011 goosebumps.  You know, a lot of people in the world believe time is not linear.  I'm not sure whether I jive with that school of thought or not, but it certainly gets you thinking.


Speaking of my mother, her dreams are equally vivid.  It makes me wonder if some of these feelings I get are passed down through her.  I know my Dad makes decisions based on more figuring and practical facts, so his intuition is likely lower than my mother's.


So all of this led me to a great site for deciphering dreams, www.dreammoods.com.


After discovering the site, I found tons of information about different people with "abilities".  Some people can perform "lucid dreaming,"  Basically this is just the ability to control your dreams.  Have you ever been in a dream and known you were dreaming in the dream or picked back up where you left off in a dream because you wanted to know the ending?  These are both beginning steps of lucid dreaming.


I've done both of those things before, so I am kind of interested in exploring this idea on the next level.  What do you guys think?


XOXO,


Aud

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking this is a May 2nd birthday thing, because I have always had vivid dreams. I remember a dream that I had when I was 7 years old, that's how ingrained some get. And recently I have also had some bizarre dreams about people I haven't talked to since high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya. And I am a total lucid dreamer. I frequently know I'm dreaming, can change whats happening in my dreams, and pick back up on dreams after I wake up and go back to sleep.

    My dreams are really vivid but always really bizarre. I don't think they really mean anything other than I have way too much going on in my life and its sensory overload and my brain is trying to organize it all.

    I think it will be interesting to see how your dreams affect things when you have kids! My mom is the same way and she always knew when something was up with us and she would figure it out in dreams.

    ReplyDelete