Pages

6.28.2010

"Everything's Not Lost"

I think it's only appropriate my last post detailed a hard time I was having.   What's funny this morning is how I could not feel any more opposite from those feelings today.  It's not that I'm joyous or that any of the things I worry about changed, but that counting your blessings is much more rewarding than worry.

Yesterday, I found out that two people died in separate incidents within a 24 hour period.  One was a classmate from high school who was killed in a car accident in Pennsylvania Saturday night and the other was the husband of a woman who worked at the restaurant all through my childhood and consequently, she is a close family friend.  The situations are vastly different.  One death was tragic and unexpected, while the other was more anticipated, (but still a shock), because he was sick.  Death, while sad, always manages to throw everything into perspective for me.  And while I can still be hurt/sad/worried/doubtful, it feels a lot less substantial when you think about how devastating it would be to lose the people you love.

So today, instead of letting my mind be troubled about 5000 things, I'm counting my blessings.  I have an amazing husband who adores me and I don't think I can imagine loving him any more than I do.  We have a roof over our heads, food in our fridge and water.  And AC! :)   We live in a country where you have personal freedoms and rights.  I have amazing, supportive parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles.  I have a brother who is one of my very best friends.  I have two dogs who possibly love me most when I am at my worst.  And great friends from all stages in life, who are better than I deserve...

I'm pretty sure I am generally luckier than I deserve.

XOXO,




No comments:

Post a Comment